Torch coral deflated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew300

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I'm new to this forum and need help with a coral I have. I have a 55 g that has been running for a little over a year. I have some coral in it and noticed yesterday one didn't seem to be doing do not. I have a torch that seems to be deflated. The color hasn't changed but the polyps are thin. It was doing great since I bought it a couple weeks ago. It was fully extended and polyps looked nice and plump but now they're deflated. Nothing has changed in the tank. My parameters are good. I also have other euphyllia in the tank that are doing great. I do have an algae problem but I don't think that would affect the coral but I don't know I may be wrong

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170714_120518.jpg
    20170714_120518.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 140
If you start to see it coming apart then it has the brown jelly disease. It will have a brown jelly like coating on it then you will see the fleshy part breaking apart and falling off. Try googling "brown Jelly disease".

I don't see anything wrong with that torch coral. I'd expect that addressing the parameter issues that are feeding the algae in the system will help it return to a more normal state.

If you start to see it coming apart then it has the brown jelly disease. It will have a brown jelly like coating on it then you will see the fleshy part breaking apart and falling off. Try googling "brown Jelly disease".
Ok thanks...should I be worried for my other corals? I've read that Brown jelly disease can wipe out eupyllias. Thanks for the help.

I don't see anything wrong with that torch coral. I'd expect that addressing the parameter issues that are feeding the algae in the system will help it return to a more normal state.
I'll try that...my nitrates were a bit high but I've managed to bring them down to zero with large water changes every couple days. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom