Treating for ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g FOWLR. My royal gramma came down with ich, 2 weeks after getting him. I don't have any corals, so I treated with mardel copper safe. I added the recommended dosage, and took out my activated carbon. I left my skimmer on, since it didn't say otherwise. Bottle says, treatment good for 1 month. So I feel all might go well. Any further suggestions? I don't have a quarantine tank, so I dosed my display. Also says that my other fish should not be harmed by the medication. Any input and opinions would be great. Thanks

As long as you are aware that you can't house inverts or corals now that your tank has had copper in it. Keep an eye on your fishes, it usually takes 6-8 weeks for the ich life cycle to run its course...

People aren't 100% sure about this but it MIGHT cause issues with inverts and corals.

Keep a close eye on your parameters over the next couple weeks because you might get ammonia spikes from live rock inhabitants dying off as well as the BB dying. Also, in the future look for alternatives to medications in your tank before resorting to the heavy stuff.

People aren't 100% sure about this but it MIGHT cause issues with inverts and corals.

Keep a close eye on your parameters over the next couple weeks because you might get ammonia spikes from live rock inhabitants dying off as well as the BB dying. Also, in the future look for alternatives to medications in your tank before resorting to the heavy stuff.

I agree that it may have been a little hasty, but I heard too many people having experiences where the alternative failed, so I resorted to the method that usually works. Even if some risk is involved.

Back
Top Bottom