uh oh...worried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellygirl55

Aquarium Advice Activist
Pretty new to this...have a 29 gallon mh lighting x150 watts..cycled almost 6 weeks... everything was good with water peramaters according to my test kit and the lfs before I bought mine the api master

Bought my first livestock last week...2 clowns and an anemone and tank had come with live rock, sand, a peppermint shrimp a couple of hermies and a mushroom (purchased tank off craigslist used)

Tank started getting algae so yesterday went to lfs and they tested water for me again..just wanted to check :) all was good..they recomended a 15% water change for algae help and i purchased 5 margarita snails for cuc

Everthing was doing great till this am...noticed my peppermint shrimp dead and stuck to the filter...got him out and left the house... when I got home noticed my anenome had moved...went to a whole other rock and my small clown is acting kinda funny....any ideas anyone?

Water perameters still good...no temp changes...no cleaners or anything akkkk!

Also forgot to mention when I woke up anemone was closed up tight but opened when I turned on the lights...color is a little brownish too...usually he seems pinker

Why would your LFS sell you an anemone after 6 weeks?

IT should not be a in a tank less than a year old, IMO

But it may still be ok, it will move around until its finds a good balance of flow and light. I hope he makes it. I dont like LFS that rush people. This hobby requires patience lol

Your margarita snails won't last long either. They prefer much cooler waters.
Take your time and read up on the animals that you want to buy. This will save you tons of money as well as heart broken over dead animals.

ok, thanks for the advice... what about the shrimp and clownfish?

Did you move over any of the sand from the tank that you bought to your tank?

Haha I feel so stupid...last night I fount mr shrimp wandering around!! You guys were right...he molted!! Gonna test the water in a few but had to share that funny piece of news! :)

Krypt said:
Did you move over any of the sand from the tank that you bought to your tank?

Yes...all the sand came from this tank which was already established....good right?

Yes...all the sand came from this tank which was already established....good right?

Generally no, it's not good to use all the old sand. The best way to do it is to get all new sand for your tank, then maybe a scoop or two from the old tank to seed the new sand. Whenever you move an old sand bed around, it can cause an ammonia spike. Glad you found your shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom