Unknown spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waffle3008

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, I'm new to these forums and have a question. I just noticed some white spots on my clown fish and am unsure as to what it is and if its serious.

I have had the fish for a little under three weeks and believe that is tank bred. Its tank makes are a black clown (sorry if wrong terminology), cardinal pajama, scooter blennie, and a chocolate chip starfish. He is eating, I feed him flakes and frozen brine shrimp. I tested the water yesterday and the ph was at 8, ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate at 5. The fish isnt acting any different than normal. Its a salt size spot and not sure if its a spot or tear (I just added the black clown last night but havent noticed any aggression. I havent notice it scratch on anything either.

My set up is a 92 gallon corner tank with the fish mentioned and a few pieces of live rock. I use a wet/dry filteration system as well.

img_1514375_0_2799546e3fd6c6e0dcf9c06d8040c1a3.jpg

img_1514375_1_55518e58b20ebdd314cf7adcbee629c9.jpg

Thanks for any help or suggestions :)

Any ideas out there? I checked with my LFS and said he didn't think it was ick but to feed them garlic with their food just in case.

Thanks for the advice, just been OCD since lost the one clown the other day.

I would feed him mire than just brine shrimp. It's a good tank starter food but doesn't give your fish any needed nutrition. I feed formula one and two with mysis shrimp all mixed together. Variety is always good and since clowns are omnivores they need a good variety. My clowns love it.

I might also mention feeding them the food I mentioned brightens color as well as giving your fish a natural immunity to prevent any diseases and also gives them a protective coating on their skin. I doubt its ich but if it is they need a diet change and I would use a treatment called ich attack by kordon. I bought this for my clowns and I treated with this and worked after two treatments. It's cheap and reef safe.

Back
Top Bottom