Urgent Maybe - Pom crab anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
They might already be dead not too sure yet.

Pom Pom was dead tonight when arriving home from work, I thought it had just found a different place to hang out but after not noticing any waving of the Poms... found the truth.

The amemones were still attached but about an hour ago I found one fell off and then I just saw the other fall off when I was retrieving the body out of the tank

They both are at the lower bottom of the tank one on a sea shell abandoned by a Hermit Crab and the other fell next to the sand.

Any chance of hope with caring for them? How would know if the Pom Anemones were alive (or dead).

Any idea anyone?

I never had any pompom crabs so I really have no true experience with them , sorry for your loss ,

as for those tiny nems they could probably survive as long as they could find a safe place to host , my biggest concern would be them floating into a power head ,

Put the light on them and the larger one is on the shell and it looks good! The.one on the substrate is the smaller one and it seems probably okay. No power head it is in the 6.6g Edge and there is a sponge covering the intake too so as not sucks up the pods. I will try and post the pics. Heading to pic up SW and will see if the store has a pom pom crab.

Saved the body in case it was having a hard time molting or something but nope, just dead.

Okay upon returning this evening, the bigger guy is missing and the little one is still at the sand bed.

I called all of the closest SW shops and no one had any Pom Pom Crabs. If I weren't going out of town I'd look farther away!!!

Here they were the night before when they were both there.

60074-albums14597-picture71211.jpg

The larger one disappeared and reappeared and looks great.

The smaller one moved over in the sand a little but doesn't look great. In the pic you can see it is a white blip at the edge behind (about 10 o'clock) the shell.

60074-albums14597-picture71219.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture71214.jpg

Will be looking for a couple Pom Pom Crabs hopeully a male and female this next week when stores get new shipments in again.

[Will be looking for a couple Pom Pom Crabs hopeully a male and female this next week when stores get new shipments in again.

live aquara has them on sale
I'm going to be placing a order sometime this week if you want me to add a couple in for you ,
but I don't have a car to meet 1/2 way wife takes it to work

Thank you - Let me call a few places around the area. Went to Boulder today and they hadn't got them yet, order delayed til Friday :( But they weren't positive how much but their guestimate as really high around $20.

It seems a store will try ordering them for me and I might even know tomorrow if they are available and probably will come in next week. I have tried this before but not received anything.

So not gonna hold my breath but the clerk explained they have a better staff running the store and usually can get things provided the order list say they are available. Around $12. And ordered a couple more RFA and Anemone Shrimp.

Also the expensive store says they will be in probably on Friday. 2 chances. :)

It seems I will get one at least from some where. Thank you for the offer.

Back
Top Bottom