valentini puffer has been in a cave and it looks like he is asleep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keysman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I was just wonder if any one has a problems with the valentini puffer
I've notice in the last few days that he has been in a cave and it looks like he is asleep
I've got a 55g fowlr tank with a zebra lion add a week and a half ago a spiny black sea urchin add 4 days ago ( about when he started sleeping during the day maybe the urchin is messing with his night sleep) a coral beauty add 3 months ago and a snow fake eel about 2 moths ago the puffer was the first fish added in march also added 7 kg of live rock about 2 weeks ago ( tank has about 22 kgs of live rock in it
Will run some water test. all other creatures are fine but could it be the urchin messing with him or is he going to die

Attachments

• image-2424449067.jpg
    image-2424449067.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 232
Ran the test results are
Ammonia 0
Nitrates. 0
Nitrites. 0
Ph. 8.1

No the lion fish just sits on the rocks all day until it's feeding time if anything the puffer use to drifted in front of the lion and shows his domernace he dose this to the eel too and the eel bit him( the one and only time I seen him puff up) this was about a month ago but did he learn his lesson no he still dose it

Can Someone please help me my puffer is breathing really heavy now still sitting In the same spot
I feel he is done for please help me

He is just lying on the bottom now should I get him out

Sounds like stress, that's alot of big fish for a small tank, do you have alot of rock? And also what is the water tank and how did you acclimate the tank.

You said the eel bit him, he could be harassing the puffer when your not looking. I would also put the puffer in atleast a 30g quarantine tank with alot of hiding places and lights off, paint the back, sides, and bottom for max security feeling so it can rest.

Codyheitmiller said:
Sounds like stress, that's alot of big fish for a small tank, do you have alot of rock? And also what is the water tank and how did you acclimate the tank.

Water temp sorry.

Puffer is dead put him in qt but he died water temp is 26 degrees so it was not the temp
The eel was not harassing the puffer it was the other way around the puffer would drifted in front of the eel and puff up a Little just to look bigger and the eel would go away he bit him about a month ago but that did not bother him he still did it and he did it to the lion fish as well I'm thinking the lion fish stung him because it took him four days to die one day he was fine the next he was lying on the tank bed

The tank has been cycled since feb and water quality is excellent got about 23 kg of lr and all my fish are not large lion fish is about 3 inches coral beauty is the same Snowfake eel about a foot and puffer was about 2 1/2 inches so they aren't big fish and their was plenty of room in my 55 g tank ty

My tank is consider a med size tank I would not call it small

Keysman said:
Puffer is dead put him in qt but he died water temp is 26 degrees so it was not the temp
The eel was not harassing the puffer it was the other way around the puffer would drifted in front of the eel and puff up a Little just to look bigger and the eel would go away he bit him about a month ago but that did not bother him he still did it and he did it to the lion fish as well I'm thinking the lion fish stung him because it took him four days to die one day he was fine the next he was lying on the tank bed

Your temp is 29 degrees, no wonder your fish died...

Back
Top Bottom