waving hand dead? :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manny09

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just put in a waving hand coral in my smaller tank yesterdayy still not opening up or no activity coming from it just moving as if the current in the water is movving it?>?

i took a couple pictures but coudnt get any good picturesss.... maybe u guys can determain weather its alive or dead???

img_755902_0_d76ec51a1b87c9e20c7e7cee557e8540.jpg

img_755902_1_0200a6521f09edc324d8a36d6f4c5058.jpg

img_755902_2_ebeb5cf5b02b3b1050d75fbee2f67857.jpg

img_755902_3_c011e30885cf83702bf563e88faa57fb.jpg

yeah, that looks pretty dead...did you put this in the tank that does not have adequate lighting for corals? or is this another tank?

this is another tank... this is a 30 gallon... its dead???? :-(

might u no the reason for this?

not without knowing the specifics of your tank and how you acclimated the coral

i acclimatted like this.... 20 min in the bag .. added a little water 15 minutes... repeated that 3 times..

so should i keep it in there a couple of days or should i remove it??

thank uuu

What is the tank set up and the water test readings in this tank? along with tankmates. (Filling out the "myinfo" part of your profile would be helpful)

Your acclimation procedures can be improved upon. That is really not a good way to acclimate salt water animals/corals. The drip method is recommended.

drip method?? ....

i have 3 diferent tankss... where can i fill that out..

Take some airline tubing and tie a knot in one end. You adjust the tightness of the knot to adjust the flow of the drip. Very simple. Best thing about it is that you can sit it and forget it - not literally of course. You don't have to keep adding water every 15 minutes.

This site has a article on acclimation as well. It is at the top between forum and search.

I say give it some time man, its looking sluggish but it might perk up, or at the very least some of it will start growing and you will be good to go. I always just toss my livestock into the tank without acclimating anything but shrimp, I find they respond better to being put into a display that is setup and running thats much better than the LFS rather than putting the lickstock into a sub-par QT tank. This is all IMHO just to give you a different perspective.

Back
Top Bottom