what happened to my chromis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
while checking out the tank this morning before i left for work i noticed what look like a hole in the side of my chromis. hes acting normal and eating well. but it scares me because i dont know what caused it and i dont want anything to happen to my clowns or my lawnmower blenny

does anybody know what this is? is it a bite mark?
img_1582280_0_5bc948dd88a323166c4f286670d5014e.jpg

it dosnt seem to look like anything i could see in the link its more like a hole IDK its weird ill try to get a better picture tomorrow

One of my Chromis has exactly the same thing. She goes into hiding,although she eats properly and seems to be quite active she'll hold her fin over it and hide out at the bottom corner of the tank. I was going to fond put about it today as I finally realized (this being the third time it's happened to her) that it might be something other than a scratch. Funny how the other two chromis don't have the same thing! (glad though)

In researching this, it may be a bacterial infection causing skin ulcers... That's about the closest thing I've found to what my fish has. I'm going to get an anti-bacterial on the way home tonight - hopefully that works!
Good luck Paul.

Hey Paul,
I couldn't get to my LFS. I am going to ask the owner of my LFS about what to use. Here's a picture from before. Right now the spot is healing quite well and he/she seems fine. This will be the third time that it's had it. I just want to stop it from happening again...

The pic I attached - it really looks like someone took a bite out of him. In fact the first time I saw it I thought either a bite or he had a rock fall on him.

Attachments

• image-112539257.jpg
    image-112539257.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 130
It's cool just let me know when u get a chance. Thanks. He's also starting to heal already. But I'm still worried I don't want this to turn into a long term problem I really wish I could find exactly what it is so I know for sure

Paul - I still haven't been able to fond out what it is, but it is associated with stress for sure. I had always thought so, but couldnt be sure. I wish could figure it out, the problem is that when it happens he hides, or should I say she? And I cant catch it... I've got way too many inverts in that tank so can't treat it in tank... I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. The only blessing is that he/she doesn't act sick and recovers quite well... If anyone has some suggestions - I'd be more than willing to hear them! (aside fr disassembling the tank to take him/her out... I'm not sure if I can do that now! Lol)

I believe it may be a fugues because that's what the side of my blue tang looked like. I got some meds for it and now he's just fine.

Thanks Whitegurl what meds did you use? I've been trying to find information on fugues but haven't found a thing...

I'm not at home right now but I believe it was called prima-x but don't quote me on that, I will look when I get home this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom