what is on my clown? UPDATE ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive also tried without, no luck. he sure is a fighter, lasting this long, but he just wont eat. i havent tried any flake or pellet, i like to use the frozen since theres less nitrate buildup. i guess since they are in a hospital tank, it wont matter since i have to do water changes reguardless..... i spose i will give it a shot.

outward signs?

vsnsofadrgn said:
outward signs?
Swollen/shrunken stomach, visible wounds/discoloration any thing you can see that is out of the ordinary.

i cant get a good pic. he doesnt look good. he is skinnier, but he hasnt eaten in 3 weeks. hes got what looks to be white splotches on him, not like ich. this guy just seems to have all kinds of problems.... the firefish is fine, eatin like a pig, swimmin around.

that could be what it is. hes def at the bottom of the tank ALL THE TIME. the medication recommended is a treatment for ick too, so thats good, if thats even what it was. ill be ordering some as soon as i can. need to read up on the disease too.

Sorry for your problem with your clown fish. Is it an Ocellaris or True Perc? Was it wild caught?(arsnic poising) I live in St. Pete and the only place I'll buy fish is Marine Warehouse on Hillsborough Ave in Tampa. Outstanding place. Never seen any sick fish and they have a good return policy. Let me know where you bought it. I can't give you any info on Ich you don't allready know ecxept i read that all fish carry the possibity of catching or (creating) ich if they are stressed out enough. Kinda like people getting ulcers? I don't know if thats true, but the article kinda stated that it's an internal dormant thing that can pop up if the fish is stressed and also depends on the hardiness of the species.

Back
Top Bottom