What is this large white spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's not exactly a spot, it's long in shape on the dorsal fin.The fish is very active and eats well. I've had him for a couple of months and mentioned to the LFS that he had a tiny white spot on his fin which showed after I bought him but then it disappeared. I came back from holidays and it's quite large. He is not exhibiting signs of distress ie rubbing himself etc. I looked up lice but don't think it's that. I can't see it moving at all.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420236590.210316.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420236670.495922.jpg the PH is currently low at 7.8-8,Phos 0.25 and temp around 25.2 - 26.8 overnight ( cooling tank with fan- will hold at 25.2 if on 24/7. Have bought a chiller and connecting it today) These are the only factors I can possibly attribute to what could be affecting his health. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's not exactly a spot, it's long in shape on the dorsal fin.The fish is very active and eats well. I've had him for a couple of months and mentioned to the LFS that he had a tiny white spot on his fin which showed after I bought him but then it disappeared. I came back from holidays and it's quite large. He is not exhibiting signs of distress ie rubbing himself etc. I looked up lice but don't think it's that. I can't see it moving at all.View attachment 259791View attachment 259792 the PH is currently low at 7.8-8,Phos 0.25 and temp around 25.2 - 26.8 overnight ( cooling tank with fan- will hold at 25.2 if on 24/7. Have bought a chiller and connecting it today) These are the only factors I can possibly attribute to what could be affecting his health. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had similar spots on a purple fire fish before. Actually they were three if I recall. They came and gone by them-self without me doing anything.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323617

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Back
Top Bottom