What is this on my coral? Is it flatworms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flat worms usually get into the tank from something we put in the tank like LR, a new frag that kind of thing.

Make sure to have fresh carbon on hand to run in your system after the treatment.

How do I run carbon through my system without some type of filter? Now I just have 100lbs of live rock with a skimmer.

No, I did not loose any fish or coral. I treated 2 times with the flatworm eXit product. The first treatment killed 90% of them, I did not see any results from the 2nd treatment.

I bought a 6-line wrasse about 2 weeks later, and the dozen or so that were still on some corals are now gone, I don't know if the wrasse ate them, if they eventually died, or if they are still around I Just can't see them... But I would say the outbreak is atleast under controll if nothing else..

I think the best thing treat with flatworm eXit, and try to suck them out while they are dieing off, within a minute after treating my tank the first time, the flat works were running off my coral and dieing very quickly. I did run a bag of GAC after the first treatment, followed by a 20% PWC.

-TheChad

Phosban reactors work great with a Maxijet 900 or 1200. I use a 1200 on mine with carbon and it does a great job.

ok so I bough a Phosban reactror and I'm running carbon now. I also bought a new skimmer I've heard that this might help get some of what the flatworms eat out of the water my old seaclone just wasn't cutting it so I bought a vertex 100 and I just got it up and running. I'm going to wait until after Christmas too dose with Flat Worm Exit. I figure with a foot of snow outside and shops being closed for christmas I don't need any setbacks with out good local resources.

ha ha i'm a little lost..... in the beginning of this thread i couldn't see the flat forms i dont get what they look like.... could someone describe them a little more clearly...... they dont sound good and i wanna make sure i dont get em. ha ha

ha ha i'm a little lost..... in the beginning of this thread i couldn't see the flat forms i dont get what they look like.... could someone describe them a little more clearly...... they dont sound good and i wanna make sure i dont get em. ha ha

Maybe this will help...

With Flat worms:
l_c3ccedd7d6297773873c22c33985458c.jpg

With out flatworms:
l_8d359bf4814b472891a4be861ff97293.jpg

Same Coral..

-TheChad

I had a big outbreak a year ago, got a sixline and a blue velvet nudibranch. I would watch the nudibranch go to town chasing them down in slow motion, also saw the sixline eat some. The nudi disapeared, no clue where he went. The sixline finished the job and have never seen another.

Back
Top Bottom