what to do first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LFSrbad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i went to my LFS to get a medication for ich that costed 7$ for 120ml.

q:is a medication a good thing to use?

q:should i fix my tempature first or else i would be wasting the medication becaues the tempature is not stable yet.

q:will my blue tang cause more ich to all of my other fish?

please help :(

The only type of treatment I have seen work is hypo and copper. Both need to be treated in a QT. You can not treat the main.

Don't forget Chloroquine...if you can find it *teehee*. By chance, what did they sell you?

I wouldn't bother. This statement comes from their website, "Ich Attack is recommended for use in aquariums, ponds and quarantine tanks to help the fishes in resisting external disease outbreaks." What that means is, the product probably boosts the animals immune system much like garlic or gluten and the fish naturally strives to get better. It is not killing the parasite. It also states, "If the infection is too far advanced, no treatment will be satisfactory." <-- Unless you use hyposalinity or copper (Cuprisorb) XD

Take the plunge and rid your tank of Ich! Read the articles that were linked to by melosu58 and then read this article on Hyposalinity

All the fish in the main tank need to be treated in the QT tank.

Yep, I recommend either copper or hypo as everyone else stated, along with leaving the mian fishless for 7-8 weeks. Those are the only two sure fire ways of getting rid of ich. Save your money and dont buy those other 'cures'. Most dont do anything at all. No effective cure is reef / main tank safe. Please QT and follow the directions for either copper or hypo :)

Back
Top Bottom