Whats wrong with my zoas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parameters are near perfect, got them tested this morning. Went to my LFS just to be 100%. It's my first SW, 29g Biocube without any mods to it. Dip as in acclimate or dip as in coral medicine?

My parameters are near perfect, got them tested this morning. Went to my LFS just to be 100%. It's my first SW, 29g Biocube without any mods to it. Dip as in acclimate or dip as in coral medicine?

Dip as in coral dip to remove pests. What are your nitrates at? Is it the normal 29 or the hqi with the metal halide?

Moved closer to light and the flow a couple hours ago, still nothing. Also, my clownfish are acting weird, but all my parameters are normal.

I did dip them for a little while, I have a zoa rock, red mushroom, 2 candy cane frags, and a lobophylla.

id be patient. I noticed that my zoa frag wasn't opening for about a week then it just started opening. haven't seen an issue since. id watch the coloration more than anything. also is there any fish or invert that's bothering it?

The occasional hermit or snail might pass by, other than that, no. I noticed it has a lot of small white dots, but I also just bought a bullet goby, so I couldn't tell whether it kicked up sand or not.

Just called the LFS. Explained everything to him, he said to just wait a while. Not sure if that's a good idea, cause I've got a zoa rock not too far with a bunch of white specks. On top of that, found some aiptasia crawling around the zoa rock. Probably won't be buying coral from them anymore.

How long has your tank been set up for? What are your parameters and temp? Did your tank fully cycle?

Unfortunately I was naive and jumped on the whole LFS saying that my parameters were perfect, let's get some coral. It's about a week and a half old.

Unfortunately I was naive and jumped on the whole LFS saying that my parameters were perfect, let's get some coral. It's about a week and a half old.

Yep there's the issue. The tank has not cycled and this the zoas are not opening due to levels of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. I'd start doing water changes to keep them alive or take them back

Back
Top Bottom