where's my demsel go?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JASONinNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iv had a 4 strip demsel (black tail demsel). It was my second fish and all the sudden it has vanished! I think the last time I noticed him breathing hard or panting like a dog. I rexently added a coral beauty and noticed. (What Seemed like) the demsel got kicked out of his territory and the coral took over. Id notice the CB chase the demsel away from where he would always go at night. Could this have caused him to stress and die maybe?
Missing for almost 2 days before I moved around my rocks and nothing... I thought id atleast see remains or something but natha! Any clues???

Do you have a CUC, it *may have died from stress, and hermits could have made use of its remains....

Check out the floor around the tank for a jumper, they will not look like they did while alive in the tank, the CB could have chased him till he jumped. Do you have a CAT....

No cat. Two controlled dogs? Haha I looked all around my tank if he jumped the only way out is through the back and there is nothin! Yes that's what I was thinking, CUC got him. I had another demsel awhile back and made me think it cause he went and hit under a rock to die... same as this demsel except this time I didn't catch it fast enough and they ate him. Could this cause a spike?

It depends how big the damsel was but if it was small enough for the cuc to take care of chances are it won't. To be on the safe side I usually do a water change if a fish disappears for no reason.

Amazing how they just 'disappear'. I've had my fair share of disappearing fish in my FW tanks..

Back
Top Bottom