White emerald crab and a sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeoCatsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my 2 crabs for a few months now. 1) crabman has molted twice into a handsome devil. The other slacker started turning white he had been white for almost 2 weeks. I figured he was gonna molt so i didn't worry. It's been 4 days and I can't find a molted shell or any sign of him. I am getting worried. There has been NO change in water parameters and the other fish and inverts are doing fine.

The other thing is i think my damsel has ick again , he is not rubbing or acting weird. is it possible that my clown nipped him and its just a bite. Im kinda leaning towards Ick though.

i think he is dead. Mine did that. Turned white, I thought he would molt then he was dead. I have heard that sometimes if they dont have the right iodine that they can get stuck during molting and die. You can test for iodine and see if that is a problem. He may have run out of food or been 100 years old.

OK after 3 weeks of no sign of the crab to call slacker. He made an appearance today. He is still white, what should the iodine levels be? Can i add iodine to help him? Will he molt if i do all this? I am getting the QT tank up this week hopefully I can better prepare for things. The spot i though was Ich on my fish turned out to be (I think) a bit from my clown as it is gone. Thanks for the help.

I wouldnt add iodine unless you have a test kit. it may or may not be the problem. test the water to see if its at the proper level and add iodine accordingly

If you have been doing at least monthly PWC`s you should have enough iodine in there.

I havnt added anything, I was gonna get a test kit today but i didnt want to go out in the crowds. I am just wondering how to make him Molt so he doesn't die.

Back
Top Bottom