White pimple on clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaWoWee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive had this clownfish for about 8 months and for most of that time shes had one or two white pimple looking bumps that come and go every couple of weeks. Theyre also always in the same spots as before. Has anybody seen this before? image-223645257.jpg image-1570422007.jpg image-1563005334.jpg

Its not ich. Its only one or two spots in the same place and it looks like its protruding out of the skin like a pimple rather than just on the skin. Shes the only fish to have it. Not even my male has ever had it. If it was ich im sure my tangs would have it worse but they are spotless.

Looks like lymphocytosis. Spots are way to big to be ich .Google to see if it matches.

Most of the symptoms do sound like lymphocytosis except i read that its mostly on the fins and the mouth and goes away eventually in which in this case has not happened. It does not seem life threatening so thats a good thing.

Lymphocytosis will effect any part of the fishes body.It is really only an issue if they form in the mouth and prevent the fish from eating . It usually lasts about a month and while re infection isn't common it most certainly can happen .

definitely not ich. if you've had that fish for 8 months or so and occasionally the clownfish gets a bump and there then its not ich..... if it was..... it would be chaos in your tank at the moment

Back
Top Bottom