White spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daburgh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone please tell me how concerned I should be and what treatment I can use for theses white spots on my tang?

Attachments

• image-2441625988.jpg
    image-2441625988.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 134
I would say ich but I'm no disease expert. Can you tell us more about your set up (see sick fish/ coral stickies ) as well as what else is in the tank

Yea, definitely ich. Do you feed kelp or seaweed or any marine greens? Tangs need them as part of their diets. If not, their immune systems might become compromised.

Daburgh said:
Can anyone please tell me how concerned I should be and what treatment I can use for theses white spots on my tang?

I have a 56 gallon tank with 40 pounds of live rock. 2 damsels, 1 clown, and 1 tang which is the only of my fish that has these white spots. The article was very helpful thanks

By the looks of it from your pic ,the regal looks like a good size(3+ inches or so,if i had to guess)....In a 56 gallon he's probably stressed and that is causing the outbreak..TBH ,he will never be very comfortable in a 56 gallon ,,plus he's only going to double and triple in size....bottom line is your tank is too small to house a tang and will stress them out,causing ich to attack over and over

What is the temp currently? eSHa Oodinex is a wide range treatment that should help you in the short term, despite what some will say it is completely safe for invertebrates which you may have on the live rock. Turn your temp up by 2 degrees celcius but no higher than 27- this will speed the process up and the parasite causing the ich are more vulnerable to the treatment. Also - remove filter carbon and turn your skimmer of for four to six hours. IF you have a uv steriliser, firstly turn it off and then after there treatment get a new bulb as the one in there may not be working. Aside from the advice already given (which is purely your choice to follow but it has worked for me in the past) I would advise getting rid of the tang and forgetting about any tang in that size tank. Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice everyone I've used Herbtana and it worked almost immediately the white spots are almost not visible anymore I'm going to seriously consider getting rid of the tang because of the size of my tank but she doesn't even use 3/4 of the tank she doesn't go far from her hiding spot in the rocks

Back
Top Bottom