White spots on clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

something_fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have noticed a couple white specks on my clowns, they look like external little specks of salt. It doesn't seem to bother them in any way, they have flicked on some rocks now and then. I checked the water and all parameters check out good. The only thing that I can think of that would of stressed them out is the moving of objects in the tank recently to find good positions for the anemone. They are still hosting amidst the bubbletip without problems. Help please

from looking at the picture, it looks like the startings of ICH. It is hard to tell though..
What is the temp of the tank? do you have a QT? unfortunately you can't dose the main tank with the inverts in there...they don't like that much.. however, if you do have a QT, it may be best to catch it early and give them a dose of copper formalin or the like. I will let someone else reply on this because I have not had very much luck with Clowns. I hope you do though..I hope they get well soon..

probably ich do you have any cleaner shrimp in your tank?? there are several posts on the use of garlic. i would try the natural ways first.have never had any luck with medications.

Garlic

So, can i take fresh cloves of garlic and crush them and put it in a teabag and put it in the tank?? If so, how much garlic should I use for a 15 gallon marine tank?

if you do a search on ich or garlic you will find a lot of useful info

ICH RX?

I have doing fine for 2 months with new 75 gal, using 75 lbs of live rock on skimmer as my only filter, 1 yellow tank,1 flame angle,5 small chromis,1 small saddle back puffer and 2 banner fish, TILL I add the puffer and the banner fish. My tang was a real jerk to them but all has setteled down, But now the banners have a good coat of ICH. Today I started doseing with KENT Marine RX. Has any had any luck with this stuff? I can' use copper, I have a shrimp I'm sure to lose some of my cleaner critters but cheaper than my fish! :cry:

After looking at responses from others about raisng the temp. I raised mine from 78 to 82 and after two days the ich is down about 75% all of my fish seam to be doing fine. Glad you guys where here!! 8O

I'm treating my tang with Garlic now... and I soaked her food in Garlic Juice ...That way it gets into her system and its supposed to secrete out and kill the parasites

Back
Top Bottom