white spots on my damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesmooni3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i noticed some white spots on the tail fin of my damsel a week ago and seem to be more of them now. what could this be and how do i cure it. the damsel is eating good and seems to be fine. please help

Hey James:

My buddy QuarryShark here is a fountain of advice. He's helped me out a number of times. I had a clownfish that had been exposed to ich, and I chose the hyposalinity method (I don't like using chemicals unless I have to), and it seemed to do the trick. Six weeks at 1.009 SG and no more ich. (CAUTION...if you try this, make sure to get a refractometer...you can't get a swing-arm hydrometer accurate enough to perform hyposalinity treatment). Looks like my latest acquisition, a Royal Gramma, is going to have to go through this, as he's getting a white spot on his tail, but I think he must have had some issues in the tank the LFS got him from.

(Psst, hey QS, I notice you've got a Lawnmower Blenny...I think that's the same thing as what I got...mine is dark gray/black in color. The LFS said the closest they could classify him was a Lawnmower. What in the heck do these guys eat? He won't touch anything I give him)

--Aquabear

Back
Top Bottom