WTF did this to my Fire Goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am so sad.. This guy was THE coolest...
I am glad the crab trap I ordered is coming !
I hope it works...
Something is gonna DIE !
deadfire.jpg

Salt4Us said:
aww so sad, sorry for your loss :( Haven't heard any clicking have you?

YES !
Crab trap on it's way !
It's not a Mantis though...
I'm staying up LATE tonight to get pics or capture what did this !

I know of 1 mantis and he's smaller then a match...
I'm gonna bait a fish trap I got tonight and see what I catch...

My firefish went missing on day two.........no remains were ever found. I have evacuated the largest of the furry crabs but I think one still remains. 'Bout time for me to go huntin' again. I've had no luck trapping.

Talking about hitchhiker in LR, it is true that if you dip the LR in water with salinity of 1.035 to 1.040?, most hitch hiker will lease the rock and end up in the water?
Thanks

i wouldnt use pure ro water, it would most likely kill off most life you want. just a higher or lower than normal salinity works fine.

I used super salty water on my initial dip...
Then pur cold RO water to lose the crabs...
I got 15 crabs out ! ! !
and nothing else !
Rock looks great 5 days later...
I am dipping more next week if the crab traps don't work !

Do you have pictures of any regular Fire Gobies? They looks really cool and colorful. Do they stay relatively small? Right now, it's like they are the small colorful Tetras of FW fish.

MikeWinLDS said:
Do you have pictures of any regular Fire Gobies? They looks really cool and colorful. Do they stay relatively small? Right now, it's like they are the small colorful Tetras of FW fish.

Here he was with the rest of his body attached....
ThE coolest colors !
sp1web.jpg

LR in pure R/O water.

If you dip your LR in pure R/O water, I'm sure that EVERYTHING on the rock will attempt to abandon ship or die trying. I don't think that is a very good way to treat expensive LR. I think it damages countless life forms that you don't even know about in order to get at one particular life form that you happen to be able to see.

I venture to say that the manis might be one of the toughest species living on that rock.

I have no elegent solution to getting rid of your mantis (I've got one of my own I'm trying to find)....I'm just suggesting that you consider that the treatment may harm your LR in ways that you can't see.

That sucks dude! I hope you get the **EDIT** that did it.

Please refrane from using words that you would not speak infront of a child. This site is family orented and will stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom