Yellow Clown Goby eating, but still withering away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

don_chuwish

Aquarium Advice Freak
The poor little guy happily goes after food, eating Cyclops, Mysis and a little spirulina flake. Manages to eat something every day. But still is just getting skinnier. Not lethargic or swimming oddly. Parasites? Something else? Any clues appreciated!

- D

The poor little guy happily goes after food, eating Cyclops, Mysis and a little spirulina flake. Manages to eat something every day. But still is just getting skinnier. Not lethargic or swimming oddly. Parasites? Something else? Any clues appreciated!

- D

Possible internal parasites or possibly it is not eating enough food to hold weight or the foods you are feeding lack enough protein to satisfy it's needs. Try adding some vitamins to your food before you feed to see if this helps.

Another dark horse is a disease called consumption. (a fancy word for Teberculosis {sp?} ) Fish or even people when they have it, eat but lose weight until they cannot survive. The treatment can be more expensive than the fish so you need to really determin if that is the situation before undertaking the treatment. One sign of this is a browning of the abdominal area. (Unfortunately, it's more prevelent once the fish dies.) Should the fish die, take note of the color of it's abdomin to better determin the cause.

Wish I could be of more help or encouragement :(

Thanks, I'll try to get it even better nutrition. Sadly don't have any Sel-con on hand at the moment. And I'll just hope it isn't the fish TB.

- D

Back
Top Bottom