Yellow Colony Polyp Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1. Type & how long you have had it:Yellow Colony Polyp, I have had it for 3 weeks
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: 1 20 watt 7 months old, and 2, 31 watt high output bulbs about a month old
3. Nitrate:10
4. Calcium:unknown
5. Phosphate:unknown
6. Alkalinity:180
7. pH:8.1
8. Salinity:1.023
9. Temperature:78 F
10. Liquid or strip test kits: strip for everything but ammonia, which is liquid
11. Location in tank: middle
12. Current amount of flow: low/medium
13. Current tank dosing regimen:? like supplements? if so than i supplement iodide once a week and target feed zooplankton and phytoplankton about 2-3 times a week
14. Nearby coral: none nearby
15. Explanation of problem: Individual polyps have been dying off one by one and it started out with about 20 and now down to 4, they get gray and then just fall off, please help as I dont want to lose these, I really like them and have had success with other corals, I just dont know what to do with this

1. Type & how long you have had it:Yellow Colony Polyp, I have had it for 3 weeks
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: 1 20 watt 7 months old, and 2, 31 watt high output bulbs about a month old
3. Nitrate:10
4. Calcium:unknown
5. Phosphate:unknown
6. Alkalinity:180
7. pH:8.1
8. Salinity:1.023
9. Temperature:78 F
10. Liquid or strip test kits: strip for everything but ammonia, which is liquid
11. Location in tank: middle
12. Current amount of flow: low/medium
13. Current tank dosing regimen:? like supplements? if so than i supplement iodide once a week and target feed zytoplankton and phytoplankton about 2-3 times a week
14. Nearby coral: none nearby
15. Explanation of problem: Individual polyps have been dying off one by one and it started out with about 20 and now down to 4, they get gray and then just fall off, please help as I dont want to lose these, I really like them and have had success with other corals, I just dont know what to do with this
strips suck,since your using strips,i wouldnt be surprised if it were nitrate or nitrite causing it

well, I have neon green colony polyps, a purple passion tree coral, and a spotted mushroom coral ( my tank is kind of beginner) and they're all doing fine

Move the coral higher because maybe it's not receiving enough light. How often do you do water changes? If they are frequent, then you don't need to add any supplements.

Back
Top Bottom