Yellow Tang & Sailfin Tang has Head & Lateral Line E

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy-from-NY

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, I need your help in resolving an issue in my tank since I just recently discovered that my Yellow tangs & sailfin have HLLE. The reason why I post this message, is because when I go to a LPS, they tell me different things to do that never work. Please help, I would not like to lose any of the fish I have. the water parameters in my tank are the following

Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Salinity 1.020
PH 8.1
Nitrate 20

Also, please keep in mind that I put every week the following
100L of De Nitrate(seachem) in my canister for Nitrate removal.
130G worth of Marine Trace (Seachem) Vitamins.
and do a 5%-10% water change.

First off I would raise the SG over the next week to 1.025, it is much healthier in the long run. Do not exceed more than 0.001 a day though. Since you do the water changes, the trace element additions are also unneccessary. Vitamins for the fish are gained through foods, not the water...

HLLE is moreso from improper diet as well as water conditions. Often increasing the quality of either that are lacking will solve the problem. Tangs require generous amounts of spurlina based foods and other vitamin enriched hebavor preparations daily. While trying to help them get better, soaking their foods in a good marine vitamin like Zoe or Selcon would be a big plus. Having some nori for them to graze on throughout the day is also beneficial.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom