yellow tang has ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lionfish55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
whats the best way to treat this guy without having to catch his fast ***!! I also have coral so has to be coral safe

IME Garlic will boost it's immune system. I use Garlic Extreme on the food any time I see any fish flash and in the water if I see any spots. Per the directions on the bottle. This will help any other fish you have too.

you'll need to catch him and move him to a qt tank. You can treat him with either hypo or copper, garlic will not cure ich only the two mentioned will work for sure. Do not use either in your main tank as they will kill corals or inverts If there are other fish in the tank you will probably have to move them also and leave your tank without fish for 4 to 6 weeks to be sure the ich in the main tank is dead. I like to use cupramine if your planning on using copper its very effective and a gentler form of copper, you will need a test kit to make sure you have the proper level to kill the ich. Follow the directions carefully as copper is toxic to fish in high quanities, the test kit should be able to test for ionic copper api test kit will work also seachem.

No the garlic won't do anything the copper and hypo will. I soak the fish food in garlic when I feed them but it will not kill ich. Its suppose the help with there overall health

Back
Top Bottom