Yellow tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iceman72

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this normal? I have had my yellow tang for a few days. Today I noticed on both sided he has this bright white stripe. He didn't have this before???ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390183760.206871.jpg

ive got no idea.. but with white lines... are they in the exact same place/size on both sides of the tang??

I've got one but it doesn't have any white lines....

My yellow still has remnants of those white lines on him after years, but they seem to be more pronounced on your fish. I would bet its just stress from going into a new tank. What are his tankmates and tank size? Do you have any fish that might be giving him any grief?

To me its normal. Mine have had it for yrs. As long as I have had him. Its more noticable in lower lights or when lights are off.

He is pretty small. He has a midnight angel that he loves to follow every where. No one really messes with him. The tank is 55g.

FYI your Tang will eventually need a minimum 100 gallon tank. Been there and done that! My wife talked me into buying a 55 gallon system with a Yellow and a Blue Tang. The Blue Hippo needs a 180 gallon for swimming room. Good luck!

Once he gets pretty big I will just trade him in. He is pretty small now.

size isnt really the need for a bigger tank when it comes to tangs. they are highly active swimmers and grazers that need ample room, even when small, to swim. just please keep that in mind when yours starts to put some size on. as for the white stripes on his sides, they are perfectly normal. both my yellow tang and my purple tang have the same exact shaped lines on them after i turn the lines on in the am. they will eventually fade into the body once the tang is fully adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom