Yellow Tang - Red Spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well i moved my Yellow tang to QT around a week ago because i thought he might have Ich. So far no spots which i guess is good, however, today he has a redish spot on his beek, kind of like a sore. Anything to worry about? Is this a sign of other things to come?

TIA

- Jeff

As Steve said, it sounds like pH and/or water quality, possibly ammonia. Do you have a tight fitting lid? I know this was a problem for me a while back with pH fluctuations.

Mike

the red spot went away shortly after i posted this post. My PH has been at 8.1, same as my main. I have a glass canopy on my main, and eggcrate on my QT. Ammonia is 0, there were a trace ammount of nitrites, and nitrates were around 10. The tang seems to be doing good though, i def. dont think he has ich, since i put him in QT a week ago i havent seen any spots, and i am not doing any treatment. Also no white spots in my main either.

I would still suggest the water change to be on the safe side. Good to hear on the diagnosis (y)

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom