Yellow Tangs Fins Erroding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nsu7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would someone be able to tell me what's wrong with this fish? I suspect it is a disease, but we did have a yellow watchman goby and 3 small blue-green chromisis dissapear (possible predator crab hiding about that is chomping at his fins?)

A shot when he was new is included for reference.

Attachments

• new_tang.jpg
    new_tang.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 45
  • picture_229.jpg
    picture_229.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 233
Hard to say, but you could be right. Need to find out so you can treat. If he`s just been in a scrape he`ll recover. The fin will grow back. We would sure like to know what happened to the other fish

it could also possibly be the skunk cleaner.. every now and then my cleaners tend to pick off a little more than a parasite, the fins generally grow back within a week or two..

I'd thought about this too. I have just tried my hand at the inverted opening water bottle trap with some raw shrimp as bait, wonder if anything mean will end up in there...

Thanks, nothing but 2 (now freed & unharmed) sailfin mollies and 2 nassarius snails. Maybe we'll have better trapping tonight...

looks like something nipped him to me.. happy hunting... Try a clear glass with a hunk of shrimp in the bottom also, if its a big crab he may not be able to get into the bottle trap.
lean the glass on a piece of LR and keep your fingers crossed. I may be doing this soon also something keeps knocking off my smaller fish. bicolor blennies and fire fish are not lasting long at all anymore :cry:

Back
Top Bottom