Yellow Wrasse Not Showing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

euro_Boy_To

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Yellow wrasse hasn't had me around for 3 weeks.. Only been feeding it but not close to the tank.

My desk is right next to the aquarium and ever since I started working again the wrasse has been going under the sand...

Yesterday I vacuumed and it got really scared.. it has since been gone under for half day yesterday and all day today.. about 24 hours. I thought it was dead so I scooped around the sand and found it.. it came out and went right back in another spot.

It didn't eat very much last time I fed it either(2 days ago) because it was very scared of my hand.. I'm afraid it will die of hunger.. is there anything I can do?

He`s probably just getting used to the tank. Fish can last up to two weeks without food. He`ll eat soon probably. Maybe you can soak your food in garlic to entice him to eat.

Just give him time , try feeding foods with garlic or crushing a clove of garlic in some tank water and some food with that it is the allicin that will trigger a stronger response ... He is just like a bird or something that needs to readjust to his "buddy"
Just try to remember when you get a fish they tend to hide , once they "know" you they come out to you .. same thing he just needs to reintrouduce him self to you

Back
Top Bottom