Yellowtail Damsel has tiny white spots?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjmortenson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so today I bought a Yellowtail Damsel from Petsmart. I noticed that it has tiny, barely visible white/clear spots on its fins and body, and I mean they are very tiny. Could they be ich? Because I thought ich spots were a lot bigger. I am thinking I will wait a couple days to see if it goes away or gets worse, and hopefully it will go away. The fish is still swimming fine and is the only fish in the tank along with a piece of live rock. Please help me!!

I'll try to get some pictures but I think the dots are too small to show up on them. And the problem is that I got it at Petco, and the closest one from where I live is 2 hrs away so I can't return it.

Ok I got some pics, the darker one is easier to see the spots. You will probly have to view the full image to see it.
DSCF3417.jpg

DSCF3429.jpg

Ya thats what I am starting to think also because it is showing other symptoms of ich like split fins and fast breathing.

Ok, so it has been 3 days since I got the fish. Today, I came home from a friends house, and checked on it at about 11 am. Still had spots. I then took a nap, and woke up at about 1pm, and all the spots were gone! From what I have read, Marine Ich only drops from fish at night into their bedding areas when its dark. I had all the lights on so could it be ich? I also thought it wuld take more than 2 hours for the spots to dissapear? Could it maybe not be ich and be another disease? Please Help Me!

Im leaning toward ich sadly it has now infected the entire tank you'll need to QT and treat the fish and leave the main tank fallow for the next 6-8 weeks.
once the ich drops it will die releasing hundreds of eggs when they hatch the'll cover your fish feed drop and get worse as hundreds become thouands

Ok, at least it is the only fish in the tank. I am going to try treating it with hyposalinity, so hopefully it works.

Back
Top Bottom