Young Convict Goby sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schenk2o0o

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a beginner and am in need of some advice. I recently just got 3 convict goby's. I have 2 semi mature and one juvenile. The 2 semi mature have taken well to the new tank but the small juvenile seems to be not doing well at all! When I first got him he acted the same as the 2 bigger ones and seemed to take well, 3 days later today he seems to lack the strength to swim. The power head keeps flipping him all around and he cant seem to stay balanced in the water. He ended up going into filter intake, he didnt go down into the wet dry system though. Should I seperate him in a small pet carrier? I dont know what to do? Anyone have this problem? Also if I were to seperate him in a small carrier is there any special thing I have to do to introduce the plastic carrier into my tank?

Welcome to the site!
Can you post your water parameters, tank size, LBs of rock, tank age and other critters in the tank?

There are so many things it could be, Let`s start with water parameters like Scott asked for.

He might also be getting picked on by the other two. I've read stories about people starting out with 3 gobies just fine but eventually the other two killing it.

Back
Top Bottom