2 x orandas with Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pysgodcymraeg80

Aquarium Advice Newbie
IMG_1176.jpgIMG_1177.jpg

Hi folks, apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this on but I seem to have limited access to some forums. I came home to two fish who were sat on the bottom of the tanks, spots appear to have developed throughout the day.
They stay at bottom of the tank for a while, and don't appear to be breathing before they frantically head to surface for breathe. They are rubbing up against things and generally quite erratic when swimming.

We had our water levels checked and we're told they were spot on and have two snails plus 3 moss balls in the tank. We put an air pump in there yesterday as well as thought water levels may not be oxygenated properly.

We've had the black fish for a month and the orange one for about 8 months (I think). I've put some ich treatment in the tank today so hopefully it will sort the issue.

Any tips on increasing the survival rates if these two fish please? My little girl will be devastated if they die.

Thank you

I'm not sure what orandas can take but a higher tempurature (as high as possible) and aquarium salt is what I did with my betta

Back
Top Bottom