Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-02-2020, 03:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

3 fish died in 2 days suddenly

Iíve had these fish for years, and my 3 mollies just randomly died over the course of 2 days for no obvious reason. The weirdest part is- my youngest Platy is doing fine and my neons are doing fine as well, but my 4th molly who is exactly 1.5 years old is acting sickly. I did recently add an angel fish who died almost immediately. Could this be disease? And if so- why is it not affecting my youngest fishes?

Old 12-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like the angel fish introduced something to your tank. Water parameters are OK?

Old 12-02-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebankston View Post
Sounds like the angel fish introduced something to your tank. Water parameters are OK?

Yes. My water parameters are all good. I thought the same thing- but my fish all died so instantly and suddenly after itís introduction. My final molly died this morning, leaving the death total at 4. The weird part is- the one younger platy seems totally unaffected, and the tetras seem unaffected as well
Old 12-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hmmm... I'd do a water change and maybe add some mild antiseptic medicine like pimafix and melafix to the tank after the change. It'll help curb anything that's left in there without compromising your bb or the remaining fish. I guess then just watch it closely for a few days
Old 12-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebankston View Post
Hmmm... I'd do a water change and maybe add some mild antiseptic medicine like pimafix and melafix to the tank after the change. It'll help curb anything that's left in there without compromising your bb or the remaining fish. I guess then just watch it closely for a few days

I might just try a water change. Usually diseases at least have some symptoms- but my fish all died with no symptoms and even ate on the day they died. They all just died overnight with no explanation or way of me being able to use any specific medication.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I just had one do that too. In my case I suspect it was bullied by another bigger cichlid. But it was fine one night, and dead the next day. And had been months in there. And all the others are fine. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to diagnose illness, and so many things can happen in a little closed environment like an aquarium

Tags
die, died, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com