911- Help ASAP Goldfish laying on the bottom of the fishtank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajayosho

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I have a 3 Goldfishes that are 3 year old. One of them is laying on the bottom of the fishtank since this afternoon. It is breathing. I don't see any visible signs on it of any problem. What could be possibly wrong? I have not found much information on the internet about this. If you know more on this and can help me I will appreciate this.
Thanks,
Ajay

maybe he/she swallowed a rock? try to look inside it's mouth if you see anything, then you should take her out put her on a cloth & put another cloth on her to hold her down and try to take it out with tweezers or something but be EXTREMELY careful. Other than that how is the ammonia etc. readings? What size tank and how many goldfish are in it?

I don't have many goldfish but from what other people have said choking on gravel is very common in goldfish when they are searching for food...that's why people prefer big river rocks in their goldfish aquariums.

This fish is dead now. Her/His body was swollen. I am guessing it swallowed a rock or choked on it. May be I need to get big rocks for my fish tank. Thanks alot for you advice and prompt responses.

I am sorry for your loss. If the body was swollen, it indicates that the fish might have died from something else like dropsy? Did the fish have raised scales? It would be a good idea to get big rocks.

Back
Top Bottom