Abnormally large male Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyLover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, i am very new to this and would like to know, how do you make a guppy lose weight ? my guppies have usually been your average guppy but a few days ago , i noticed their stomaches are very big!:eek: what could i do to slim them down to go back to normal? All help would be very much appreciated:)

They aren't overweight they are bloated, feed peas for about a week the peas are safe for all your fish and are a laxative

My feeding schedule : feed in the morning and at night, they also like to eat the pleco's food , but i do push away they food everytime they nibble on it. It seems to me that their scales are lifted on their bellies?

My feeding schedule : feed in the morning and at night, they also like to eat the pleco's food , but i do push away they food everytime they nibble on it. It seems to me that their scales are lifted on their bellies?

It sound as though they have dropsy? Usually dropsy is very hard to cure and most of the time doesn't end well. :( sorry. If you research it I'm sure it will give you information.

It says for dropsy that all the scales stand up? But on my guppies only the scales on the tummy stand up?
Could it still be dropsy:hide:
They do eat but sometimes just stay on one place:(

PH : 7.6
Ammonia : 0
Nitrate : 5.0 - 7.0

Attachments

• DSC04710.jpg
    DSC04710.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 108
It does look like dropsy I read that antibiotics and salt baths are the way to treat but the fish does not have a very good chance at surviving sry :(

I can't say, but I wouldn't give up hope treat with salt and feed peas is what I would do and hope for the best I hope they make it

Thank you for helping
:( I'm VERY sad to hear it's dropsy, by salt, do you mean Aquarium salt? And must the peas be frozen?

Well ppl I talk to here say aq salt but I treated bloat with Epsom salt I think it saved my pleco, just don't over do it low doses for short time periods

:(
This morning my guppy with dropsy and septicemia passed away,
Thank you for all the help. It was very much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom