Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

About quarantine tanks

How do we cycle a quarantine tank if we need to put a sick fish in there asap?

I'm thinking to buy a 5 gallon for that reason. Do we just fill it with the current tank water and place the fish in there?

Old 01-23-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I keep my emergency QT in a cuoboard. Its never cycled. Yes, i fill it with water from the main tank (more so the fish goes into same water parameters) rinse some sponges into the water and transfer some filter media from main tank into the QT filter to get some bacteria into the filter.

Its not so important to have a cycled emergency QT as it should be low bioload and you do water changes to manage water parameters.

Video on how to set up an emergency QT

https://youtu.be/zlZWWjGuFA8

Old 01-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for the info!!

So I lost my bumblebee molly because my male platy kept stressing her out by trying to mate with her. Now he's doing the same with my other bumblebee. It doesn't seem like he's mating with her, he simply follows her and goes next to her and she jumps and swims away. I want to put him in there to separate them. I think he might die of loneliness though..

Tags
quarantine, quarantine tank, tan, tank, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com