Accident prone Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicmarymac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just when Mr. Betta's fins finally grew back in after his impeller accident, last night tonight I found him wedged in a tiny hole in the driftwood, breathing hard, exhausted from trying to escape

Just when Mr. Betta's fins finally grew back in after his impeller accident, last night tonight I found him wedged in a tiny hole in the driftwood, breathing hard, exhausted from trying to escape

…sorry my finger slipped…premature send syndrome…

It's a good thing I looked carefully, because at first I thought he was just draped over the log--lounging--like he often does.

I had to pull the driftwood out of the water in order to extricate him.

Luckily this morning he is eating.

Any advice?

Attachments

• image-1995384969.jpg
    image-1995384969.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 88
Bettas love to hide. The same thing to one I had along time ago. We helped him out of the tight spot. But, a few days later we found him in the same spot.... Dead. So, make sure he can't get back in because he will try. Mine was also eating and seemed fine. I think he probably just got stuck again. So, he will probably be fine if you keep him from being able to get stuck again.

Bettas love to hide. The same thing to one I had along time ago. We helped him out of the tight spot. But, a few days later we found him in the same spot.... Dead. So, make sure he can't get back in because he will try. Mine was also eating and seemed fine. I think he probably just got stuck again. So, he will probably be fine if you keep him from being able to get stuck again.

Thank you. You are right. I pulled the piece of driftwood out and filled all the holes with plants before I returned it to the tank. The first thing he did was check it out!

image-3696067416.jpg

Update on Betta

He seems to have healed up and grown all those scales back.

Thank goodness.

He has become camera shy though.

;-)

Thank you.

Mary

Attachments

• image-2453562913.jpg
    image-2453562913.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 50
  • image-435232174.jpg
    image-435232174.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3933638342.jpg
    image-3933638342.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image-789766018.jpg
    image-789766018.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 45
Same thing happened to one of my females. I've noticed my bettas are extremely curious about their surroundings. I've seen my bettas try to (and sometimes successfuly) squeeze between my heat and the tank wall, or even behind my filter intake tube. They are very interesting fish to watch, expecially if there is something new with their enviroment.

My mom was watching my fish while. Was camping and she thought something was wrong with my beta because he was draped over the clip for the light. Little did she know he was just sleeping. They are pretty funny fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom