Adding discus to a sick tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbush

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think I already know this one... But here it goes. I am about to start treating my tank w/ metro for internal parasites. Should I hold off on getting a discus until after treatment is finished?

I think I already know this one... But here it goes. I am about to start treating my tank w/ metro for internal parasites. Should I hold off on getting a discus until after treatment is finished?

Absolutely. More than most fish, discus are very sensitive to water conditions, and to unnecessarily subject them to parasites and anti parasitic medication would be sheer folly.
What sort of fish have the parasites?

of course you need to wait. the discus are not your regular ol' guppies, not to mention expensive. patience is a virtue my friend. if anything, just look out for the wellbeing of the fish

That's what I thought. Thanks for the input. The reason I asked is b/c I have heard of people medicating new discus as a preventative. I have a ram, rummy nose, and Plecostamus that are exhibiting signs of internal parasites - fin rot & Plecostamus has clear poop (ram looks skinny)

That's what I thought. Thanks for the input. The reason I asked is b/c I have heard of people medicating new discus as a preventative. I have a ram, rummy nose, and Plecostamus that are exhibiting signs of internal parasites - fin rot & Plecostamus has clear poop (ram looks skinny)

what are you using for medication?

Back
Top Bottom