Advice Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tanya40627

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is hob filter medium considered chemical filtration?

I need to go away for 1-3 days. I was going to start kanaplex but not sure if I should until I return. I'm concerned that he is too ill to start antibiotics. I noticed that his scales are raised and fear he is pineconing. I'm thinking he may have worms but not sure if he would survive treatment.

He is such a beautiful boy. I wish the previous owner would have been better educated on the care and needs of bettas and treated him when he started presenting with these symptoms 2 weeks previous to when I got him. I'm so frustrated because his ailments would have been easily treated.

The chemical filtration in a power filter would be substances like, Charcoal / Activated Carbon Resins, or media that absorbs Ammonia & Phosphates. If your Betta is exhibiting Dropsy, pine
coneing, probably not going to end well. Good luck.

The chemical filtration in a power filter would be substances like, Charcoal / Activated Carbon Resins, or media that absorbs Ammonia & Phosphates. If your Betta is exhibiting Dropsy, pine

coneing, probably not going to end well. Good luck.

Thanks I appreciate the advice.

Back
Top Bottom