Advice needed : Ich in planted display tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

preeclampsia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It seems I've learned the cardinal lesson of responsible fishkeeping the hard way. I have what appears to be an outbreak of Ich in my heavily planted display tank.

I'm currently stocking one clown pleco and twelve corydoras (6 skunk, 6 emerald) in a 65 gallon tank.

I think I've caught it early; the clown pleco has the classic white spots. 1 cory has two Ich spots on its snout and the others are occasionally displaying flashing behavior. Behaviorally there don't seem to be any symptoms.

I've also been keeping Neocaridinia in the tank and don't want to harm them if possible.

I'm wondering if there are any options for in-tank treatments that won't harm my inverts or plants? Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to set up a quarantine tank- I have learned my lesson now!

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated; there is a lot of conflicting information online and I would hate to lose these fish. :(

Bonus points for treatment modalities that are reasonably cost-effective and feasible with the ongoing COVID fiasco!

Thank you all for your time! :thanks:

I always treat with heat-- raise temp to 89F for 3 days then 86 for 10. Make sure there's plenty of surface agitation for O2 and turn off CO2 if you have it for the duration. Always works for me with my tropical tanks.

Back
Top Bottom