Advice welcome please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orandas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have just started treating one of my Ryukins for swim bladder, I'm using interpet swim bladder water treatment. However on the leaflet it says to remove any carbon out of the filters, unfortunately I have a filter that has carbon built in (marina i25). I'm just wondering what is the best option for me, to leave the filter off throughout treatment or ? Thank you in advance!

How long has the carbon been in the filter? What are your water parameters? Tank size? Stocking? Diet? Some more info will help!

I work for PetSmart very knowledgeable about aquatics best thing to do is remove the filter if the carbon is built in or cut a small slit to empty the carbon from the cartridge then replace once the medication is cycled

Thank you, I have made a little cut in the filter and removed the carbon. I have replacement filters for when the treatment has finished. Thank you again :)

Orandas, water quality is the biggest factor in buoyancy issues with fancies. Adding meds will not help this and may only make the situation worse.

Back
Top Bottom