African Cichlid hasn't eaten for 3 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My Mylochromis Ericotaenia has not eaten in 3 weeks, hes super skinny, his eyes are clouding and he isn't moving much any more. I've tried treating him with Prazipro, and I have also tried some fenbendazole, but he isn't even touching any food. What should I do? Is it too late to help him? If not, what should I treat with?

More details: He used to be in my 125 show tank, when he started mouthing food and getting skinnier, he became reclusive and then I moved him into a 20 gallon quarantine. In this tank, I treated with Prazi and tried some fenbendazole to no results. I've tried feeding spirulina flakes, NLS pellets, Dainichi pellets, and some frozen food, and I've also tried adding garlic to some, none of which he'd touch. He's now very very skinny, and I don't know what to treat him with or how to get him to eat.

I know its not exactly the same fish but my rams were doing this. I lost my gold veiled. No cloudy eyes tho.
Try some live black worms. Mine will still eat those.
Maybe wasting disease? I've recently heard from a couple fish stores this is pretty big in the cichilid world right now. Need a "gram negative" (?) Med to treat it. Hard to make them eat it I would presume unless on something live.
Try the live worms just to see if he'll eat anything

Sent from my AOSP on HammerHead using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How's your fish going? Would he eat the worms?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom