African Dwarf Frog randomly died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luce

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I have kept ADF's for a few years I've only ever had them pass away before due to old age/one time had an issue with bloat. However, I've had two African dwarf frogs now since February they were perfectly healthy, active and eating. I've just found one dead covered in what looked like to be a white cloud that was covering its whole body I would have taken a picture but I was panicked. I checked him out and there was no sign of the new fungus, no red spots nothing. There was shed all over his body and mouth or this could have been the slime coat or something to do with the weird white cloud I found his body in... does anyone have any advice or help? I'm really confused and disappointed this has happened the other frog is fine and seems to have shed most of his skin, any help would be appreciated. They are kept in a 40litre fully planted tank, feed them pellets and brine shrimp every 2-3 days, tank has a heater and a built-in filter they can't get into haven't tested the water yet as found him at 2am but I am going to change the water and prime incase. Unsure if this may be a fungal infection and the other frog may be infected now but I am worried about him getting lonely anyways I hope someone has an idea as to what happened to him:(

Back
Top Bottom