After 5 years.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAGlocker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well after 5 years I think I have gotten my first disease/ailment in one of my tanks. My opaline which is almost 3 years old has a light discoloration behind and slightly above one of its eyes. That spot has gone from bluish white to a light yellowish in color. Not sure if this is a sign of age, of perhaps the dreaded hole in the head that I have read and heard about. What do you all think? Yes I have already put him in a QT tank, but not sure if I should try to treat or leave alone and see what happens.

Is he still active and eating well? I know from personal experience that neon gouramis will lose their coloring with age and turn a dull brown color. Seems like if nothing else is amiss, this is likely your case.

Not HITH, in my opinion. Does it look fuzzy at all, or like a growth?

No doesnt look fuzzy or like a growth at all. just kind of discolored and perhaps a little sunken. He does seem to be as active as ever and eats as often as i will feed him. i may just leave him in the qt tank for a while and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom