albino Cory cat very odd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notsocool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Since yesterday I noticed my 8 month old albino Cory cat was on his side I moved the pot he was in to see if he was awake and he swam sparaticly(misspelled) and went back to his side so I moved him to my 5g quarantine tank and noticed his stomach is sunken which is not normal and 2 of his barbels are bent none of my other fish are exhibiting any abnormal behavior (he isn't eating either) ..... Initially thought maybe it was water quality but after a day in the quarantine tank he has not shown any improvement whatsoever .... Idk what to do just don't want to lose the little guy

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.

Don't have this recently lost my strips

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? 20g.....2months
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.?

Marineland penguin 50

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?

2 feeder goldfish and one other albino Cory cat

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?

Three days ago .... 20%-30% ....once a week twice if it gets really dirty

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

Driftwood a little over a month ago

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

Tropical flake food .... No

This is a pic of my poor albino cat he is still breathing and swimming around occasionally I noticed that his right eye is abit bigger than his left eye maybe beginning of pop eye that is causing his disorientation but since his left fin is ragged and his barbels a little bent/deteriorated I assume he might have had an injury

ForumRunner_20130326_103105.jpg

Well thanks for all the help guys I started treatment of milafix and pimafix to deal with the fin rot we are on day two of that but yesterday he started eating again and he has been staying upright a lot longer everyone I spoke to at my lfs and hobbyists said to put him out of his misery and wait a month to add new fish thank goodness I didn't listen to them huh ..... Well glad everyone on here could help with my situation don't know if I could have done it by myself

Glad to hear he is on the up, here's hoping he makes a full recovery! I know how frustrating it is, sometimes you need an answer, or at least an opinion or advice and there is none forthcoming. Hopefully next time someone might be able to help!

Back
Top Bottom