Albino Cory losing his fins? Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'll admit it right now, this has been going on for some time now but I though I could fix it on my own and I was afraid of being yelled at here on the forum for being a bad fish keeper. But now that all my attempts have failed I am asking for help. My poor albino Cory that I have had for over a year now needs help and I don't know what to do. He's in a 20 gal community tank with 3 green cories, BN Plecos and a Bolivian Ram. At first I thought, it was fin rot so I cleaned the tank and did some water changes but the weird this is. None of my other cories are having the same issue. the other fish are all fine, it's just my albino Cory. I feel horrible but I don't understand what I am doing wrong. All my other fish are fine.

My Cory has lost nearly all of his fins but is still swimming, eating, doing what cories do, just fine. He hasn't been acting real lethargic or anything.

image-1164983282.jpg

Please help.

Your Bolivian ram, if male, might have become a little aggressive and couldn't resist the color of your Cory

Your Bolivian ram, if male, might have become a little aggressive and couldn't resist the color of your Cory

I have recently noticed aggressive behavior in my ram. Now that I think of it. The problem with my Cory started around the same time I lost my Dwarf Gourami who was king of the tank. After he died, is it possible that my Ram became more aggressive because he was no longer kept in check by my Gourami? Yes, my Ram is males.

ya, sounds like the ram could be picking on it. That would be my first guess. Try moving the ornaments around in the tank and rearranging it all. Might help with creating new territories and preventing this aggression.

ya, sounds like the ram could be picking on it. That would be my first guess. Try moving the ornaments around in the tank and rearranging it all. Might help with creating new territories and preventing this aggression.

Well,I just read ganged my tank and added a bunch of new stuff in it. I did notice my Ram chasing my cories around after I fed them this morning. I've never noticed any problems before but I guess unless I get some other ideas, I'll have to find a new home for my little Ram. :,( I really love him too but I don't have another tank he can live in.

Man sounds like a tough situation, re arrange again and hope for the best, maybe it's a time for him to act aggressive

Back
Top Bottom