Albino zebra died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
He died right when I transferred him to sick tank ( 5G) he was doing sick flips and removed him added salt turned heat up got ph ready to increase but by then he was a floater. RIP snow!

Mumma.of.two said:
Sorry for your loss. It could have been bad stock. What are your tank readings? You need to rule out a problem.

When I saw he was doing weird flips I put prime,aquarium salt , stress coat-stress zymes all in because I panicked. That messed up my levels because i tested not to long ago had had some ammonia and stuff so I put prime in. 3 yellow labs were in the tank with it along with albino bristlenose. Added clay pot 1 day made weird crackle when I put it in though. Got another 55G for blood parrots btw!!

Fishie said:
When I saw he was doing weird flips I put prime,aquarium salt , stress coat-stress zymes all in because I panicked. That messed up my levels because i tested not to long ago had had some ammonia and stuff so I put prime in. 3 yellow labs were in the tank with it along with albino bristlenose. Added clay pot 1 day made weird crackle when I put it in though.

You shouldn't just dump everything you have in the tank when something goes wrong. You have a test kit so you know what your numbers are. Water changes are needed to bring ammonia down not a bunch of chemicals. How fast did you add the salt? Don't just dump a full dose straight into the tank either. That can kill fish or at the very least stress them.

Is the tank cycling???

Mumma.of.two said:
You shouldn't just dump everything you have in the tank when something goes wrong. You have a test kit so you know what your numbers are. Water changes are needed to bring ammonia down not a bunch of chemicals. How fast did you add the salt? Don't just dump a full dose straight into the tank either. That can kill fish or at the very least stress them.

Is the tank cycling???

Like I said I panicked at first I thought he was showing off -_- I had tablespoons to add the salt and added it pretty quickly without spilling the salt anywhere but on the tank . Where I put the salt they were on the opposite side because their castles over there. It finished it's cycle 3-4 days ago though . Haven't don't water change yet ( maybe tomorrow ) everything is running in the tank though.

I really would do a large PWC ASAP to remove some of everything you just added. Fish don't appreciate fast change in their conditions at all. If your going to add salt add a little bit at a time over 1-2 days predissolved in a container of tank water.
Id test your water ASAP as well.

Mumma.of.two said:
I really would do a large PWC ASAP to remove some of everything you just added. Fish don't appreciate fast change in their conditions at all. If your going to add salt add a little bit at a time over 1-2 days predissolved in a container of tank water.
Id test your water ASAP as well.

Ok I will test it soon I also added ph 8.2 because I thought PH could of killed him. Guess I will do PWC tomorrow early morning.

Mumma.of.two said:
Oh Fishie! That wouldn't have helped at all! :( huge pH swings can kill fish.

Oh great :( I don't want more fish to die !!! How long will it take till they are floaters?

Fishie said:
Oh great :( I don't want more fish to die !!!

Then stop adding all those products. All you need is something that neutralizes chlorine and chloramine. Nothing else. If you test and see ammonia or nitrite or nitrate is over 20ppm do a water change.

Mumma.of.two said:
Then stop adding all those products. All you need is something that neutralizes chlorine and chloramine. Nothing else. If you test and see ammonia or nitrite or nitrate is over 20ppm do a water change.

Oh ok I might just get busy right now on my PWC I dont want any floaters!!

Back
Top Bottom