Algae outbreak!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abrams96

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 55 gallon planted. With t5 ho lighting, daily excel dosing and and weekly PWC's.
I get the typical algae on the glass that easily is scraped off during my weekly maintenance which is no big deal.
I also on occasion use root tabs with no problems but after the last time i used them I got a big outbreak of black beard algae which is now covering my filter outputs, rocks, powerhead, plants. ...I have done nothing different and my 65 is spotless.
What could be causing this? Any help or suggestions? Thanks alot.

the only thing i can think of is there is more left over nutrients in the tank that is allowing the algae to grow, possible light intensity is different between the T5 and T8

Both tanks are established and have been up for 2+ years. What do you think would cause an outbreak now for the first time?

Its been set up that long, i retract my other statments. Maybe you used too much root tab. I never had bba before so i dont have any personal expirances with it. Hopefuly someone who knows more about it will comment.

Back
Top Bottom