All my fish are dying HELP!!! I dont know what else to do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Afree23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I was doing great as a fish mom with my 1 gallon betta tank with 1 betta and 2 neon tetras. I quickly realized it was time to get an upgrade for my poor betta and got a ten gallon aqueon with a filter system and a heater. I used white gravel, plastic plants, and silk plants, and a fake wood decor piece. I use aquasafe, easy balance, and cleaning bacteria to start the tank and soon put all three of my fish in. Everything was great and thriving well! Then, one day i found one of my tetras dead and i scooped him out and did a water change. I got more tetras and acclimated them before adding them to the tank. I always use easy balance and aquasafe when adding new water. It’s possible i put in more than recommended but i have heard that theres no such thing as too much. Everything seemed to be good again until i came home to the four new tetras dead after only 4 days in the tank. The original tetra and betta still fine. So again, water change and added water fixers, but this time i bought test kits (not strips) and more tetras. I discovered a slight bit of ammonia and added amolock as well as did a water change. I thought everything was good again until i discovered my betta dead... i dont know what else i could be doing wrong and my goal was to save these fish from pet stores so please help!!! I’m scared to get more fish :(
Also took my one shrimp and last Tetra completely out the tank and in a separate bowl with all new water and they are both dead after 24 hours. I dont know what else to do please help!

I’m sorry to hear about that; starting out can be frustrating when it seems like you’re doing everything you can and things still don’t work out.

This sounds like an unfortunately common problem of not quite understanding how the cycle works in an aquarium. There’s a reason nearly every thread in the ill fish section starts out with questions about water parameters! 90% of the time that is the problem!

Take a look at these two articles and I suspect they’ll help a lot:
http://http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom