All my fish are dying white all over them what do i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What fish, your tank size and water parameters.

Can you post pics ... you'll get more effective help.

Eight gallons a week change new to these fish i bought the whole setup fish and all but slowly dying over last two weeks

image-556930697.jpg

Looks like you have a REALLY Ick, did you cycle the tank? See my signature? You need to change a little more than 8 gallons a week. you need to be doing 50% water changes every week. More if you have to cycle the tank? Is that an oscar? They are species only tanks. They are very aggresive. How many of each do you have?

Bump the temp up to 86, and research ich treatment with salt. Your fish should be able to handle salt alright. Make sure you buy aquarium salt, and not saltwater salt.

Bump the temp up to 86, and research ich treatment with salt. Your fish should be able to handle salt alright. Make sure you buy aquarium salt, and not saltwater salt.

Ok i got some salt and itch treatment the water maintains 76 degrees sure they can handle ten more degrees or is the temp to low?

Looks like you have a REALLY Ick, did you cycle the tank? See my signature? You need to change a little more than 8 gallons a week. you need to be doing 50% water changes every week. More if you have to cycle the tank? Is that an oscar? They are species only tanks. They are very aggresive. How many of each do you have?

No fire mouth chiclids three of them

I turned valve all the way down heater is staying on should i maintain 85 degrees all the time?

make sure to lower your water level so your Hang on the back filter distrubs the water surface, with the higher water temp, your water oxygen level will drop and the fish may gasp for breath. You could also add an air stone add oxygen. Also make sure to vacuum your substrate every other day, to help pick up Ick stuff and speed things along. Make sure to test your water too, sometimes water params can flux.you'll keep the temp up for about 2 weeks after the last spot is seen on your fish. if you can get it, I would try for 86-88 degrees.

I have a EHEIM ecco pro and hang on filter and blower thanks they seem to be doing better believe it or not thanks evryone great advice!!

Attachments

• image-4195837694.jpg
    image-4195837694.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2800333983.jpg
    image-2800333983.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image-316254100.jpg
    image-316254100.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom