An Epic War With ICH(ICK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James10797

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
-10/18/10 Monday

There was 4 Cardinal tetras, 4 White Cloud Mountain Minnows, an albino cory catfish, and a pleco. One white cloud, 3 tetras, and the pleco have died so far :( I just put meds in and some aquarium salt.the only fish that has dots is the last tetra. His colors are very vibrant still. Everything else is going smooth. PLEASE POST ANY TIPS FOR DEALING WITH ICH(ICK). thank you

Since you already used meds, stick with those. What kind did you use?
If it turns out to not work, you can try the heat. Up the temp to 86* for 10 days, and add an air stone. What is the temp in your tank right now?

What are you water parameters? If possible, I would recommend gravel vacuuming a bit everytime you do a water change since Ich eggs tend to settle within the gravel. Be sure to disinfect everything you use to avoid spreading those little buggers...

Since you already used meds, stick with those. What kind did you use?
If it turns out to not work, you can try the heat. Up the temp to 86* for 10 days, and add an air stone. What is the temp in your tank right now?
i used mardel coppersafe and the temp is about 75

Ok, well then just stick with the meds. Turning the heat up will speed up the life cycle of the ich. Did you start using the meds late?

Back
Top Bottom